The Ghana Sweden Chamber of Commerce (GSCC) was registered as a Limited Liability Company in May 2014. After operating a little over three years, it was re-registered as a non-profit organization registered as a company limited by guarantee under the Companies Code of Ghana, Acts 179, 1963, on 15th November 2017. The chamber is a member organisation with the primary objective of promoting business relations between Ghana and Sweden.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the underlisted Management Position of the Chamber:
Within the implementatiom of a EU-funded project aiming at capacity building and job creation in Plastic Waste Management, Organic Waste Management, Sustainable Forestry Sectors, we are looking for an organised and entrepreneurial individual with attention to detail who will coordinate the general implementation of project activities and provide management support.
The post holder will be required to assure the implementation , administration and monitoring of the Project plans as, per assigned activities, rules, deadlines and budget by the team leader.
The post holder will have a dual report to the Project Director and to the GSCC Manager, in a Project run by a consortium made of GSCC and other national and international partners.
The Project Coordinator will work in strict collaboration with Project Managers of the specific Project activity lines (industry workshops,and job fairs, vocational trainings, Job earch support, MSMEs mentoring, visibility , monitoring) from the different organizations part of he consortium., and will assure coordination in implementation and consolidation of results across these different lines, and provide cross activities administration and logistic support . We are looking for someone who works well within a team, who will readily provide support to colleagues and management where required and can use their own initiative.
A flexible approach to the role is essential in order to ensure work is completed in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities will also include detail activities planning, keeping financial and implementing records, and writing reports.
- Overall coordination of the Project ActivitiesPlan and implement administrative support of Project and Activities
- Plan and implement logistics and procurement support to all project Activities, as requested/agreed with Project Director and Project Managers
- Assists the Project Managers in implemeting specific actions as requested
- Support Project Visibility Manager in his/her activities
- Defines together with Project Director the templates for documenting the Project advancement. Regularly gathers, consolidates and reports project advancement data/documentation from Project Managers
- Defines together with Project Director templates for tracking and documenting project expenses. Regularly gathers, consolidates and reports project expenses and related documentation from Project Managers
- Defines together with Project Monitoring Manager templates for tracking project KPIs. Regularly gathers, consolidates and reports project KPIs data from Project Managers
- Regularly updates with project Managers on their Activity advancements, organizes weekly overall project advancement meeting, produces weekly simple project report (actions/expenses)
- Identifies and flags out any problem, inconsistency, bottleneck, delay, etc across the project actions. Participate in finding related solution
- Identifies Project internal capacity issues and plan related solution
- Identifies and fulfills any legal requirement the Project has to comply with in Ghana (liaise with Voctional Training Project Manager and stakeholders to advance official recognition of Project vocational training in Ghana)
- Develop and maintains relationship with Project stakeholders. Represents the Project as needed in public occasions as per Project rules
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Master’s degree with 5 years relevent work experience of Bachelor’s degree with 8 years relevent work experience
- Very good mastering of spoken and written English
- Basic Bookkeeping and IT working know-how
- Be a good administrator
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined plan, budget, and timeline
- Proven ability of working on an international project, an international NGO or multi-national organisation.
- Experience in following projects through the full life cycle
- Excellent analytical skills with hands-on attitude
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Energetic, resourceful and do what it takes to get the job done
- Hungry to learn and actively look for opportunities to contribute
- Handle multiple projects and dynamic priorities without missing a beat
- Ability Building long-lasting relationship skills
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
Job location is in Accra, Ghana
The position is based on a contract for a total period of 15 months between the last quarter of 2020 and 2022.
Willingness to travel within Ghana as needed by Project implementation (about 10% time)
Female applicants are encouraged to apply!
If this sounds like the perfect job opportunity and a dream come true to be part of a young but growing NGO with international relations, then send us your CV by Email today to:
Not later than 30th September 2020!